We seek an electrical engineer licensed in Massachusetts to focus on solar design work. In this position, you will coordinate directly with clients and create construction plan sets for rooftop and ground mounted solar PV systems.
This position provides comprehensive training and experience in solar design principles and the opportunity to work on the forefront of a vital, growing industry.
- Lead engineering team on the design of commercial, institutional and utility-scale PV systems, ensuring projects meet schedule and budget.
- Oversee production of electrical engineering plans, specifications, document preparation, and ensure compliance with applicable project and industry requirements and standards.
- Perform site assessments of existing electrical services at the facilities to determine feasibility of interconnection of a PV system.
- Coordinate project design reviews, jurisdictional and utility approvals for projects, and interface closely with development, engineering, and construction teams.
- Provide guidance to system designers throughout project design, as well as peer review of other engineers’ work.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 years experience with renewable power generation, design, and engineering.
- Massachusetts licensed electrical engineer.
- Knowledge of NEC and NESC electrical code.
- Knowledge of solar inverter, UPS, and electric generator technology.
- Experience in designing medium voltage power systems; solar industry experience preferred.
- AutoCAD and drafting experience.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Strong communication skills, ability to work well with others, innovative, proactive.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of time in New England.